Press Release & Media
Nepal Tinian Society
By Raquel C. Bagnol - email@example.com - Variety News Staff
NEPAL Tinian Society Inc. has raised a total of $11,033.56 that will be donated to families affected by the 7.9 magnitude earthquake that struck the south Asian nation on April 25, 2015.
Bal Krishna Thapa Magar, founder and president of Nepal Tinian Society said their group is a social organization that aims to provide aid and help to its members and friends.
Magar said they sought donations from the business community and private individuals on Tinian to help the victims of the earthquake which has killed more than 8,800, injured more than 23,000, and caused unimaginable loss of property among the people of Nepal.
“We would like to express our appreciation from the bottom of our hearts to all the supporters and donors from Tinian,” Magar said.
They have already handed over the money to the Nepal Prime Minister Relief Fund specifically for the earthquake victims.
Magar said they are especially grateful to Tinian Mayor JP San Nicolas and his staff for assisting in the donation drive, Phillip Mendiola Long and wife Arley Long of Sherman Consultancy Tinian, Mary Susan Cruz, Connie M. Villagomez, Emily Kwon, Tom Liu, Tinian Dynasty Hotel and Casino and its different departments for donating various amounts, Star Marianas, Biker’s Association of Tinian, Bridge Investment Group, and everyone from Tinian who dropped money into the donation boxes.
Other articles in this Section:
- Develop "hidden" cultural sites
- Infrastructure is a Top Priority
- Rota Fundraising Effort
- Mayor San Nicolas initiates clean up drive
- Mayor Seeks Help On Unexploded Ordnance
- Mayor San Nicolas partners up with TDHC
- Go Green
- Saipan Relief Raffle Fundraising
- Mayor Meets HKE
- Mayor Thanks TLD
- TEC Liscense
- TDHC Notice of Closure
- Dynasty Casino Remains Closed
- Mayor's Motion To Dismiss Granted
- Mayor Urges New Owner to Pay Fees
- The Big Picture
- Veteran's Day Celebration
- Nepalese Community of Tinian Cleans Up Island
- San Nicolas: Zero Tolerance For "Ice" Use
- Tinian Projects Moving Forward
- Tinian Liaison Office Renovation
- 19th Tinian Legislative Delegation Re-organizes
- Mayor Discusses Effect of TDHC with HKE
- CNMI Women's Month Proclamation
- No Conclusions to DOD Divert Plans
- Mayor San Nicolas Brings Good News From China Trip