Press Release & Media
Mayor San Nicolas initiates clean up drive
By Jayson Camacho
The Tinian Mayor’s Office has launched a cleanup drive that seeks to remove eyesores from all over the island, according to public information officer Casandra Cabrera.
She said Tinian Mayor Joey Patrick San Nicolas is spearheading the cleanup drive, which is being undertaken with the cooperation of the island’s Department Public Works. She said the cleanup drive kicked off last Wednesday.
The islandwide cleanup removed trash, abandoned cars, and other eyesores that dot Tinian’s villages.
In other news, San Nicolas said the Congressional Office of Delegate Gregorio Kilili C. Sablan’s (Ind-MP) on Tinian is now open.
Residents on Tinian can now access the office for help. The Congressional Office is under Edward Hofschneider, who is the Tinian field representative/caseworker of the four-time representatives to Congress.
Hofschneider began work on Tinian last week after going through orientation and training at the Saipan District Office for two days.
This will make the services of the Congressional Office easily available on Tinian and Rota as well as on Saipan. Sablan said this has always been his goal when he first established his office on Saipan back in 2009.
For more information on the Congressional Office, contact Hofschneider at 433-2647 or email him at email@example.com.
San Nicolas also said the Department of Lands and Natural Resources’ Division of Fish and Wildlife has announced the start of the Philippines turtle dove hunting season.
This will take place from April 15 to May 31. Individuals must apply for a hunting license at the DFW office located at DLNR’s main office on Tinian.
Weapons that are authorized for the hunting season include a .410 shotgun, .22-caliber air gun, .177-caliber air gun, .22-caliber rifle, and a .20-caliber air gun.
A resident hunting license costs $10 while a nonresident hunting license costs $75.
For more information on the hunting grounds, contact Tinian’s DLNR office at 433-1408.
Other articles in this Section:
- Develop "hidden" cultural sites
- Infrastructure is a Top Priority
- Nepal Tinian Society
- Rota Fundraising Effort
- Mayor Seeks Help On Unexploded Ordnance
- Mayor San Nicolas partners up with TDHC
- Go Green
- Saipan Relief Raffle Fundraising
- Mayor Meets HKE
- Mayor Thanks TLD
- TEC Liscense
- TDHC Notice of Closure
- Dynasty Casino Remains Closed
- Mayor's Motion To Dismiss Granted
- Mayor Urges New Owner to Pay Fees
- The Big Picture
- Veteran's Day Celebration
- Nepalese Community of Tinian Cleans Up Island
- San Nicolas: Zero Tolerance For "Ice" Use
- Tinian Projects Moving Forward
- Tinian Liaison Office Renovation
- 19th Tinian Legislative Delegation Re-organizes
- Mayor Discusses Effect of TDHC with HKE
- CNMI Women's Month Proclamation
- No Conclusions to DOD Divert Plans
- Mayor San Nicolas Brings Good News From China Trip