Press Release & Media
San Nicolas: Zero Tolerance For "Ice" Use
Tinian Mayor Joey Patrick San Nicolas is reminding the island’s government employees that he has zero tolerance for illegal drugs, particularly methamphetamine or “ice.”
San Nicolas told Saipan Tribune that he has been very consistent in his stance against illegal drugs and has had conversations with employees and potential employees about his zero tolerance policy.
“If you want to work for the public, then you must adhere to the rules. And one big rule is no use of illegal substances particularly crystal meth,” the mayor said.
He said many people have lost their savings and fortune because of addiction to “ice” and other problems associated with the use of meth.
“My message is this: Do not violate the law. Do not use crystal meth. If you are caught, you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” he said.
The Department of Public Safety, in conjunction with the Department of Finance’s Division of Customs K-9 Unit, recently conducted recently a three-day Highway Criminal Interdiction Patrol on the island..
Other articles in this Section:
- Develop "hidden" cultural sites
- Infrastructure is a Top Priority
- Nepal Tinian Society
- Rota Fundraising Effort
- Mayor San Nicolas initiates clean up drive
- Mayor Seeks Help On Unexploded Ordnance
- Mayor San Nicolas partners up with TDHC
- Go Green
- Saipan Relief Raffle Fundraising
- Mayor Meets HKE
- Mayor Thanks TLD
- TEC Liscense
- TDHC Notice of Closure
- Dynasty Casino Remains Closed
- Mayor's Motion To Dismiss Granted
- Mayor Urges New Owner to Pay Fees
- The Big Picture
- Veteran's Day Celebration
- Nepalese Community of Tinian Cleans Up Island
- Tinian Projects Moving Forward
- Tinian Liaison Office Renovation
- 19th Tinian Legislative Delegation Re-organizes
- Mayor Discusses Effect of TDHC with HKE
- CNMI Women's Month Proclamation
- No Conclusions to DOD Divert Plans
- Mayor San Nicolas Brings Good News From China Trip