Press Release & Media
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICE
CNMI Women's Month Proclamation
Office of the Mayor
Municipality of Tinian and Aguiguan
Joey P. San Nicolas
On March 2, 2016, Mayor Joey P. San Nicolas signed a proclamation recognizing March as the Month for Women in the Commonwealth and March 8 as International Women’s Day.
Mistress of Ceremony was led by Ms. Jovie Paulino, Mayor’s Office Chief of Administration. Ms. Connie M. Villagomez, also a board member of CNMI Women’s Association gave the welcoming remarks of the ceremony. Proclamation readers were Susan Manuel, Malena Hofschneider, Natasha Pascua, Melissa Sanchez, Rachel Cing, Bonnie Borja, Ana Rita King, and Lillian Cepeda.
Councilwoman Alice Igitol of Saipan Municipal Council, and Ms. Doris Drew, Special Assistant of the Commonwealth Women’s Association were in attendance and gave brief remarks.
Mrs. Esther Barr, Chairperson of the Tinian Casino Gaming Control Commission presented her inspirational remarks to the women who were present to witness the proclamation. Mayor San Nicolas echoed Mrs. Barr’s sentiment on Tinian’s future woman mayor.
Activities for this month include March 6, Sunday 8am Mass at San Jose Church, Tinian; March 12, from 7pm to 9pm is Catwalk and Fellowship of Nations; March 19 is CWA Walk-a-thon; March 26 is CWA Luncheon; and March 30 is the Women’s Summit on Saipan.
P.O. Box 520059 San Jose Village, Tinian, MP 96952 Phone (670) 433-1800 Fax (670) 433-1819
Other articles in this Section:
- Develop "hidden" cultural sites
- Infrastructure is a Top Priority
- Nepal Tinian Society
- Rota Fundraising Effort
- Mayor San Nicolas initiates clean up drive
- Mayor Seeks Help On Unexploded Ordnance
- Mayor San Nicolas partners up with TDHC
- Go Green
- Saipan Relief Raffle Fundraising
- Mayor Meets HKE
- Mayor Thanks TLD
- TEC Liscense
- TDHC Notice of Closure
- Dynasty Casino Remains Closed
- Mayor's Motion To Dismiss Granted
- Mayor Urges New Owner to Pay Fees
- The Big Picture
- Veteran's Day Celebration
- Nepalese Community of Tinian Cleans Up Island
- San Nicolas: Zero Tolerance For "Ice" Use
- Tinian Projects Moving Forward
- Tinian Liaison Office Renovation
- 19th Tinian Legislative Delegation Re-organizes
- Mayor Discusses Effect of TDHC with HKE
- No Conclusions to DOD Divert Plans
- Mayor San Nicolas Brings Good News From China Trip